The Global Learning Endorsement provides an opportunity for students to highlight academic achievement in global/international studies on their transcript. This endorsement will provide helpful documentation of the student’s expertise for employment in an increasingly globalized world.
To obtain the endorsement, students must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours in courses that are marked “GLE” in the catalog. This endorsement is in addition to the major or minor, but it does not necessarily require additional courses. Typically, students can complete the 12 credit hour requirement in classes they would normally take in the course of completing General Education and Major/Minor requirements.
Universal eligibility requirements for all endorsements include
- Any degree seeking McMurry student is eligible to participate.
- Endorsements cannot be earned separate from a McMurry degree.
- All endorsement coursework must be completed at McMurry University.
- Endorsement curriculum must include at least four (4) courses (earning a minimum of 12 credit hours).
- Unless specified higher by a specific endorsement, students must earn a grade of “C” or higher in all endorsement courses.
- Students seeking this endorsement must declare their intention by noting it on a Degree Audit Request form in the Registrar’s Office on or before September 1 prior to May/August graduation or February 1 prior to December graduation.